Key Aspects of DAMA II (Designated Area Migration Agreement)
* It provides a 3 year pathway to permanent residence for all 117 occupations listed, some of which are skill level 4 and not on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) , Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) or Regional Occupation List (ROL). It includes 3 new occupations not on the Australian and New Zealand standard classification of occupation (ANZSCO) list - Bar Attendant (supervisor), Waiter (supervisor) and Cook (specialist ethnic cuisine).
* Skill level 4 occupations require an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma or equivalent and one year relevant experience (20 hrs+/wk).
* A Northern Territory employer/sponsor offering a position in the Northern Territory is required as a pre-condition for sponsorship.
* There are English concessions for many of these occupations. Some only require IELTS score of 5.0 overall with minimum of 4.0 for speaking and listening and no minimum score for reading and writing. Some occupations have no English requirements at all.
* Employers/Sponsor can be approved for 5 years.